How Do I Choose a Therapist?
I hear this question when I give public talks, so I wrote this article
on choosing a therapist.
What Exactly Happens in Therapy?
I will help you identify the problems on which you would like to work, and we will develop a treatment plan for. I am committed to providing you with a safe, comfortable environment in which you can explore and grow. I treat all my clients with respect and dignity. I am trained in Cognitive-Behavioral Theory. This means that I focus therapy on active treatment and behavioral change. I also practice Gay-Affirmative therapy, meaning that I help lesbian, gay, and bisexual / bi-attractional individuals accept themselves and get the lives they want to have. This is what you can expect when you enter into a therapeutic relationship with me:
• Appointments will be arranged for convenient times and as quickly
as possible. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
• Referrals to other provides of care will be made when appropriate.
• A sensitive intake procedure.
• A secure space to explore your inner landscape.
• The development of an individualized treatment plan to help
you achieve a better life.